Did you guys see my picture slideshow?? what do you think?
It is a protestant church, so i could pick up on the basic sequence of the service. ok...i did cheat a little bit and watch Willem or the people around me :) But..I got really excited when I saw that they had the Lords Prayer printed in the bulletin, so that was fun to say in english while reading the Dutch!
After church, we picked up my camera and set out for the day. We walked around and saw lots of cool shops, flower markets, and crazy hats! Then we went on our canal cruise!! I saw a lot of pretty old house that looked like they might fall over any day now....some good pictures of the canals...but my favorite was my little Russian friend (probably 5 yrs. old) that I met in the boat!!
I took a picture of him because he had a pretty crazy hat on and kept running around from side to side to see everything. I think he knew i had a crush on him, but the language barrier made it hard to say anything :) I didn't know what he was speaking, but he just started going on and on! I think he finally caught on that I didn't understand him, so he then started teaching me words like a little kid and breaking it up and slowly saying each syllable.
He was so cute!! His mom apologized and told us he was Russian. We tried taking some pictures together, but he wouldn't stop teaching me new words long enough to take a posed picture. The action shots turned out better though. We said our goodbyes, but I really wished i could take him with me..think i could learn a lot from him!
Tonight we meet 3 of Willems friends and work partners for dinner. This was fun...but there was a lot of Dutch was spoken! They tried starting in english, but it was easier to speak in Dutch for them. I tried to follow, but there is only so much you can make up in your head :) This gave me lots of time to think about what I needed to pack and things i needed to get ready before we leave for Prague in the morning!! :) Im excited...Jill and I will have fun on the train!
Yay! i can't wait for what's next...



1 comment:
Hey Bridge! Sounds like your having fun...wish I could be there with you. I love your entries, I look forward to reading them. I miss you tons. I love you.
Post a Comment